Bylaws are rules or regulations that apply within a given region, city or district. Kawerau District Council has powers under the Local Government Act to make and enforce bylaws for:
- General purposes to:
- Protect the Community from nuisance,
- Protect, promote and maintain public health and safety,
- Minimise the potential for offensive behaviour in public places.
- Specified purposes such as regulating waste matters and managing, regulating and protecting Council infrastructure.
- Controlling liquor in public places.
Council uses a special consultative procedure to make and review bylaws. The bylaws applying to the Kawerau District are listed below:
Dog Control 2011 50 kB
Liquor Control Bylaw 2009 277 kB
Speed Limits Bylaw 2011 67 kB
Traffic and Parking 2011 60 kB
Water Supply 2009 225 kB