Industrial Symbiosis Kawerau
What is Industrial Symbiosis?
Industrial Symbiosis is a way of companies sharing and utilising their resources so that nothing goes to waste. This leads to commercial opportunities, job creation and better environmental outcomes. Industrial Symbiosis Kawerau is a smarter way of doing business by creating efficiencies and opportunities, while tapping into the abundant renewable resources of the region. Industrial Symbiosis Kawerau means businesses that run on cost effective reliable energy gain competitive advantages through increased efficiences and a lower carbon footprint. As consumer concerns over sustainability increases, Industrial Symbiosis Kawerau provides an environmentally friendly solution.
Opportunities in Kawerau include the manufacture of products such as biofuels, adding further value to wood fibre, or capturing and processing a range of waste streams to create new products.
It takes a unique blend of factors to make industrial symbiosis a viable business model. Kawerau offers a combination of commercial opportunities and access to an abundance of natural resources. When our affordable housing and enviable climate is combined with the region's unspoilt environment , it makes for a winning formula.
Industrial Symbiosis Kawerau offers companies the opportunity to:
- Benefit from the world's largest application of geothermal energy for direct industrial use
- Access direct heat and sustainable electricity from secure and cost-effective supplies
- Enjoy a supportive and enabling regulatory environment and local community
- Benefit from highly efficient transport infrastructure to the world-class Port of Tauranga
- Plug into the nearby science and research community in Taupo and Rotorua.
For further information go to