Site Index: A-F G-M N-S T-Z
+64 7 306 9009


If you are planning to building something new, make changes to an existing structure, or do something with your land that may impact on the encironment, there are certain guidelines you need to adhere to and consents you need to obtain.

The building and planning areas of the Kawerau District Council can provide advice on working within New Zealand's building and resource management legislation.

Council processes building, resource and subdivision consents.   All three consents are very different, and depending on your project, you may need one, two or all three.

Council is also responsibile for the water supply, management of waste and roads and footpaths in your area.

For further information on these services please browse through these pages or contact the Council on 07 306 9009.   Alternatively you can have your say and send us your comment by filling out one of the forms located in that section.