Site Index: A-F G-M N-S T-Z
+64 7 306 9009

Liquor & Food

If you are planning to sell or supply alcohol or food to the public, or set up a business which may have health impacts, there are certain guidelines you need to adhere to and licences you need to obtain. A copy of the current Eastern Bay of Plenty Local Alcohol Policy Click  (786 kB) is available here.

Kawerau District Council issues licences and consents covering a range of activities which include liquor licences, food premises registrations, hairdressing salon registrations and mobile shops and fundraising.

We also monitor compliance with consents and district bylaws and investigate complaints about public nuisance.

If you are unsure if you have the correct licences and consents for your operation, browse through these pages or contact the Council on 07 306 9009.