Site Index: A-F G-M N-S T-Z
+64 7 306 9009
Contact

Information

This section provides information on matters affecting residents in our Community.

If you cannot find what you need in these pages, please contact the Council on 07 306 9009 or alternatively have your say by completing one of our online forms.

Community Awards

Over the years, Council has endeavoured to recognise members of the Kawerau community who have made significant contributions to the success of the community. This process has now been formalised into a Council Policy, Community Awards Click 28 kB

There are four categories for these Awards:

Council has issued a public notice calling for nominations for the inaugural Kawerau Community Awards. Nominations for the awards close at the Kawerau District Council offices at 12 noon on Friday 20 May 2016. The Awards will be presented during National Volunteer Week in June 2016. The nomination form includes the categories and the criteria for the Awards.

Nomination forms are available from the District Office, the District Library, or can be downloaded from the website:  Community Awards Nomination Form Click  69 kB, printed off and then completed.

Completed forms may be handed in at the Council offices,

or posted to:
Pari Maxwell
Kawerau District Council
Private Bay 1004
Kawerau 3169

or sent by email to   

The text of the public notice is available here: Call for Nominations for Community Awards Click 6 kB

Road Safety

The Eastern Bay Road Safety Committee is made up of staff and councillors from Whakatāne District Council, Ōpōtiki District Council, Kawerau District Council and Bay of Plenty Regional Council. This group gets about 75 percent of its funding from the New Zealand Transport Agency, and the other 25 percent is shared from councils. There are many other contributing parties that work with the committee, including police and community groups. For further information and recent documents, see the Eastern Bay Road Safety Programme 

The Committee provides funding to community groups working towards road safety objectives set out in the integrated Road Safety Action Plan and also coordinates road safety campaigns.

The objective of this group is to increase your safety on the roads by using education, engineering and enforcement.

Eastern Bay Road Safety Facebook page